Skip to content
- All cryptographic functions used to protect secrets from the application user must be implemented the server, since the client can’t be trusted.
- Protect master secrets from unauthorized access.
- Cryptographic modules should fail securely.
- All random numbers, random file names, random GUIDs, and random strings should be generated using the cryptographic module’s approved random number generator when these random values are intended to be un-guessable.
- Cryptographic modules used by the application should be compliant to FIPS 140-2 or an equivalent standard. (See http://csrc.nist.gov/groups/STM/cmvp/validation.html).
- Establish and utilize a policy and process for how cryptographic keys will be managed.